WE ARE TECHNATIVE
COME WORK WITH US
Cloud Optimisation Consultant – TechNative B.V.
If you’re passionate about innovation and love working in an environment where you can constantly improve and adopt new technologies to drive business results, then TechNative’s Technology team could be the place for you!
The Cloud Optimisation Consultant will be focused on the design and implementation of services that provide financial control of our public cloud environments. The position will act as the lead on Cloud Operations and Cloud Transformation teams so they can optimise their practices for cloud usage and access all available cost savings. This will include generating and providing recommendations on how they can optimise their usage of cloud services, governing pricing controls through analysis and maintenance of reserved instances and developing automated reporting that enables teams to leverage best practices for running efficient cloud solutions.
- You will be responsible for monitoring and reporting on the cost of running our customers cloud infrastructure and service platforms.
- Investigate and understand the basis for every line item on our cloud infrastructure invoices
- Optimize performance to spend where you need to and redistribute resources
- Suggest areas for improving spend by finding better rates or improved technology
- Supporting finance partners with chargeback, budget and forecasting process
- Automating everything, from using tools to enforcing valid insights
- Delivering the tooling and capabilities needed to enable our cloud financial management roadmap.
- Support needs of Cloud Migration Program
- Identifying continuous improvement opportunities
- Collaborate with vendor partners and maintain strategic relationships
Qualifications & Skillset
- Able to empathise with our customers and users we support
- Growth mindset is mandatory
- AWS & Azure certifications preferred (or willingness to obtain)
- IAC/Coding experience required (Python, YAML, JSON, etc)
- Understanding of Infrastructure and Operations landscape with a focus on public cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP) technology and how it differs from traditional computing
- Experience using and training users in cloud cost optimisation tooling, and an understanding of Amazon EC2 prices (Savings Plans, RIs, Spot, On Demand)
- Ability to communicate at all levels within an organisation and influence leadership
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, making decisions based upon priorities, schedules and an understanding of business initiatives
- Ability to apply critical thinking to all aspects of the position
- Detail oriented with excellent documentation skills/methodologies, who is able to successfully manage multiple priorities
- Understanding of Insurance and Financial services industry, the current challenges, and future opportunities and how public cloud can help to address current challenges and realise future opportunities
You will work from our offices, at the client location or from home. Whatever works for you, the customer and your co-workers.